A few years ago, my mom had made some banana chocolate chip muffins that were AH-MAZING. We ate all 24 in like a day… yeah they’re that good, and they’re super easy too! This is a great recipe for your ripe & mushy bananas that you have probably have laying around!
I love making them in the mini muffin tin so that the little kids can gobble them up for snack time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 muffins or 48 mini muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I use mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease 24 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in banana and sour cream. Stir in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into the banana mixture until evenly moist. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.